Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I have had a headache all morning

Well it had to be done didn't it. Got back to my place last night after our trip to Bottle Revolution 
and tried a few of the samples that we had taken away with us.

For some reason I was drawn to the high alcohol beers and I am now paying the price.

One of the ones I tried was from the Flying Dog brewery

The bottle I tried was the Double Dog Double Pale Ale  Man this is a strong beer. I think it was this that pushed me over the edge.

I can't believe they call these types of beers Pale Ales over here it didn't look very pale to me, it was a very dark Amber colour. It was very strong tasting and full of character.

Just another little tasting note here. I have noticed that the Americans like there beer cold straight from the fridge. Whereas where I come from the beers are more likely to be served from a cool cellar so they are slightly warmer. The heat tends to amplify the aroma and taste. I tasted the flying dog at a cool but not cold temperature so I would be interested to see if it still tastes as strong when cold.

ABV 11.5% (yes that is not a typo)
look: 4.0  Lovely Amber colour nice good head with some lacing.
Aroma: 4.0 Hoppy and strong
Taste: 3.5 Very hoppy, sweet fruit flavors and the alcohol is definitely present. Rich.
Body: 3.0 Medium body 

Not bad but very strong. A bit too strong and watch out you don't drink too many its proper headache material.
Dave star rating of 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment