Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just a few beers with a few mates.

Hi,

I had a couple of  people round the other day.  @Stuart_Arnold , @NChomebrewing ( NChomebrewing.com) and MrMoBeer to name a few.

So I and had a trip to Triangle wines trianglewinecompany to stock up on a few beers. I actually spent more than I should have but got some quality beers. I was going to put this on the blog a couple of days ago but I have been a bit busy so forgive me.

Below you can see the line up of beers we went through that night. It was only supposed to be a few casual beers but turned out to be a bit slightly more than that.Some of them were quite strong so I did have a small headache the next day.



I was actually really looking forward to trying this Imperial Stout below from epicbrewing
Its description left my mouth watering and the cost of the bottle just made me think that this was going to be a great drink.
It says on the label if you can't read it.

Stout with Cocoa nibs and coffee added and aged in whiskey barrels

Actually I was slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong it was a good stout and definitely had the whiskey coming through but was it worth $18. Probably not.
Just goes to show and expensive beer is not necessarily a good one.


 But having said all that I have yet to try the beer below. Its a Lambic Ale and I don't usually like them but again with a price tag of $25 for the bottle you'd expect it to be good. I'm not going to drink all of it myself. I will share it out. In fact knowing me I'll probably spit it out and give it to someone else. You never know though I might be converted.


 I'll keep you posted when I try it. How exciting :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment